Thursday 15 July 2010

Hannah Twin Lakes...again, Calls, Calls, Calls, Occupational Health, Tweet 1,000

Millfield School Year Four are off to Twin Lakes today, it's a shame that the weather's so yukky, because it's the last day of the school year tomorrow and this is their end of year trip/treat. Hannah should just get a room in Melton Mowbray as it seems, at the moment at least, that she lives at Twin Lakes so frequent are her visits!

I received a plethora of telephone calls this morning; first  "Doit4Real rang wanting to speak to Deb about booking a week with them for Nat this summer because the two sites we'd already applied for were fully booked. I explained that Deb had spoken to them about this already because they'd called about it yesterday.I'd understood, from Deb, that she'd already booked an alternative venue. She had no record of this so I gave her Deb's work number so that she could check directly with her.
As I hung up the phone it rang again. Answering I could not understand anything the person on the other end said. The line cleared and the caller explained that she was Lucy and she was calling from the Occupational Health Dept at  work. My mobile rang at this point and I had to put Lucy on hold; it was Deb wanting some Doit4Real info, I explained that I couldn't speak and would call her back ASAP. Back on the line with Lucy she explained that John, my manager, had referred me to OH and she was calling to follow up his referral. She wasn't aware of my situation Re:Hip Replacement at all  so I explained the position, told her that I was now walking and that I was considering returning to work next week. She was surprised that I was thinking of returning so soon but, as I said, I was getting cabin fever at home and I was now virtually fully mobile. I suggested that perhaps I could return first for one night, then two, then three, until I was sure that I was up to returning full-time. She agreed this might be a good idea but, whatever I decided to do, she wanted to see me before I returned at all. We had provisionally agreed to meet at 11:00 next Tuesday but, as she was giving me her direct contact number, before we confirmed these arrangements she was cut off. I hadn't managed to get her number when this happened and so I was about to 1471 her call when Deb called and made that impossible. I tried, instead, to ring Reception (at work) but this number kept putting me straight through to a CSO. Apart from the fact that lines had a queue of backed-up calls a CSO wouldn't have been able to help me so I rang off to wait for Lucy to call me back... I'm still waiting!
Today I posted my 1000th Tweet and it was a dozy; I'd come across a video of famous movie themes played on the vuvuzela and posted the link to this. Here's the actual tweet:
#vuvuzela #vuvuzelafilmscores #vuvzelamusic #movies #vuvuzelas #films #filmscores Film Themes on Vuvuzela  http://bit.ly/cOmomu MY1000TWEET. I've actually embedded the video itself in the post below this one.

No comments: