Friday 23 July 2010

Thursday and Friday - Throat Still Sore, Slept All Day, Awake All Night, Spartacus,

I'm still suffering greatly from Deb's infectious bug, my throat continues to be as sore as a "bear with a sore head"...yes, it's Un-Bearable!!!! The result was that I sleep most of the day on Thursday and ended up awake all night. Nat stayed up late with me and we caught up on our backlog of unwatched Spartacus episodes. It would seem that the film "The 300" has generated a demand for unrealistic blood letting. I know that when you hit a major artery the pressure causes the blood to shoot, from the wound, for some distance BUT it does not spray out the amount of blood that's depicted in Spartacus. I think we managed to get through about 4 episodes before Nat gave up the ghost and went to bed, about 3;00 if I recall correctly.
I remained awake until 6:00 and then caught a quick couple of hours on the settee, while Deb was getting up to go to work. My phone alarm woke me at 9:30 to advise me to ring the Occupational health nurse, Lucy, which I did. I explained the situation and I'm ringing her on Monday to arrange another appointment.
Nothing much else during the day just hung about feeling sorry for myself. Deb and the kids went to bed after BB11 leaving downstairs, as usual. I was watching Family Guy but had to freeze it as I kept nodding off. I woke when it came on again, watched the remained and at about 1:30 went to sleep on the settee. Slept quite well...Mossdale meadows park Summer Festival in the morning.

No comments: