Wednesday 14 July 2010

Today Will Mark My Thousandth Tweet or Will It? Conning Christians, Jason Bradbury, How Not To Film Yourself, How To Film Yourself

I've just noticed that I'm on my 992 tweet which, of course, means I'm only 8 away for my thousandth. Will that be today? I've not tweeted much recently but, of course, now I've spotted it the pressure is on to hit that landmark number ASAP. Christ, what's gotten into me, I've been consistently writing my Blog and I've tweeted for over a year now. I'm not normally this committed, by nature I'm always been a quitter OR  at least I've always seemed to be; afraid to commit myself in case I fail. Giving up means you never fail you just chose to stop. Self-delusion, it's a hell of a powerful thing!
Anyway, I've just discovered a way to easily collect twitter followers; when you tweet anything taking the piss out of religion just include the # tag #Jesus #God # and such like and some dumb arses will follow you without reading the content of your tweet. I tweeted the following - Jesus Saves: But unfortunately not enough to fund a 2/3's of final salary pension! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10630893 #pension #jesus #saves - within 5 minutes I been followed by two USA churches who obviously hadn't read what I'd written. So on the run up to Tweet 1000 I'm going to add as many hashtags (#) as I can to my tweets to see how many followers I can get before I hit the big 1000! It'll be interesting to see if I can get anymore followers; I'll have to plan the next few tweets carefully cunningly! I have sent one tweet to Jason Bradbury (The bald mad well-good Gadget Show presenter) in response to a request he made asking for the location of a Little Boots song. I've done this once before for a request he made and that time he sent me a thank you, I wonder if he will this time too?
Nat went on a trip, with his school, to Drayton Manor Park and Zoo today. I asked him if he could take some photos and perhaps the odd video while he was there to include in His this blog. He had my old Nokia N95 which sports a 5 Mega-pixel camera and a video that films at 30 frames per second. In other words he had a top notch camera/camcorder phone which has stood this family in good stead since January 2008. Unfortunately a good camera doesn't make up for a .................. (fill in the blank as you think applicable).
First, here are the THREE photos he took; yes I know, without a doubt he's obviously destined to be the next David Bailey:

There is his video:

and here's how it should be done:


P.S. Re: Twitter - ((* or 998 if you don't mistakenly hold down the shift key! If I do Tweet another Two before Midnight I'll return to tell the tale.

No comments: