Saturday 31 July 2010

Redditch, Hannah, Bickering, Divorce

Hannah’s been away for a few days staying with her grandparents, Deb’s parents mine are both deceased, at their home in Redditch. We all drove there this morning to see them and to pick her up; unfortunately they said that they wouldn’t keep her no matter how much we offered them! She’d had a great time and they’d spoiled her rotten, she’d been taken to the cinema to see Toy Story Three, in 3D, and had gone shopping with Grandma. She had been bought a Hello Kitty T-Shirt, amongst other things, which she had to show me within minutes of our arrival! Deb’s mum and Dad were as lovely as usual, obviously I’ve been unfortunate and missed out on having a traditional mother-in-law. While I was there I went on Alf’s (Deb’s dad) PC and set up bookmarks for our YouTube and Ovi accounts so that they could see the family photos and videos I upload there, assuming that they want to. We only stayed until 4:00 and then came straight home. Hannah had only been away for a few days, but once she and Nat started bickering, I realised how quite it is when we only have one or the other of them at home. If either of them thinks that they are ever going to be allowed to give up Scouts they’ve got another thing coming. When one’s at a camp the other is not only significantly quieter but is also far, far more sociable. I’ll have to suggest to Deb that we get a divorce and then, that way, we can arrange access such that when I have one of them she has the other…bliss!

No comments: