Wednesday 21 July 2010

Tuesday and Wednesday - Phone John, Occ Health Tel, Sore Throat, Occ Health Reschedule Friday, Shitty Day, No Sleep, Wed Am Bed, Swimming, Sailing

No much has happened over the last two days. Just after midnight I phoned work and spoke to JDM (mgn) re: my return and occupational health appointment. I explained that I was hoping to return, for at least one night, on Saturday but before then I had an appointment to see Lucy the Occ Health Nurse this morning. I explained that I still hadn't heard back from her to confirm this appointment and did JDM have her number so that I could check this morning. Luckily he had her number and I took it down. During this time I'd been feeling more and more unwell as my throat became increasingly painful and I continually coughed up a thick yukky mucus. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to go to the appointment and this, in part, was why I'd rang to get her number. Things got worse, I was unable to get any sleep and finally at 9:45 I gave up can called Lucy to explain why I wouldn't be able to make our meeting. Hearing my squeaky and croaky voice she thought this was best and we provisionally arranged to meet on Friday. I'm to call to confirm I'm fit and to arrange a time that day. I didn't really do anything much else for the rest of the day other than watch TV and drink too many beers in a vain, but enjoyable, attempt to ease the soreness of my throat. I stayed up after everyone else had gone to bed and eventually at 6:00 on Wednesday morning went to bed and slept until Noon*.

Shortly after I came downstairs Nat left to go swimming, with his pals, Hannah was almost inconsolable when she found out she couldn't accompany them, at Endeby Leisure Centre so we'll see him when we see him altough he can't be too late as his Scout Troop is going sailing this evening. I made Deb and Han and myself some salad sandwiches (it took me 30 minutes!) for lunch and now, because I used all the remaining bread, I'll have to pop to ASDA at some point to buy some more.

*When she got up Deb finally accepted the inevitable and phoned her work to report that she was sick and would be absent for today. While I've found this bug unpleasant it's hit her much harder and she's been feeling quite unwell for the last several days. In fact, as I was writing this she quietly crept upstairs and went back to bed where she's now fast asleep.

No comments: