Thursday 1 July 2010

Sleep in MY Bed, Sports Day Brockington, Han's Concert at DeMontford Hall

This morning I realised that I'd dropped off down stairs waiting for a transfer from my PC hard drive to my external hard drive to complete and I was woken by Deb who was up and getting the kids and herself ready for the day. "Wow," I thought, "I wonder whether I could go to bed in our bed and get to sleep." Han was still in the bed and after I asked her politely to vacate it five times I finally grabbed a stick and beat her until she fled; another job well done! I fell asleep listening to Skeptoid on my phone so in reality I fell asleep and didn't hear Skeptoid on my phone. I slept like a log and woke refreshed at 12:27. This PM I've been reading J.K. Anderson's "Captain Nemo" and I'm rather enjoying how he's tying up the "real" Nemo's adventures to Verne's books. Han arrived home from school at about 3:40 followed shortly after by Nat. She's been at DeMontford hall this morning doing the final rehearsals for tonight's performance. Nat has had his school sports day today and his House "Windsor" came second as did his Tog of War team.  Nat pestered me about whether the postman had delivered Assassins Creed 2 yet, he had I'd hidden it, but I made him sweat before I told him it had arrived. Below are two pictures and a video of him opening it it...how sad is that?


Now it's time to get ready for the concert tonight, I'm off to have a shave, Han has gone to play with Shantelle for awhile, Deb's sat on her arse...no change there then...and Nat, astonishingly, is playing AC2 on his X-Box!
We left for the DMH at just after five because of the rush hour and the fact that we were supposed to pick
up our tickets from the box office before 6:00.  In the event we were parked up, ticketed and sitting in the sunshine in the gardens by 5:40. The concert didn't start until 5:30 so we chillax, took a few photos
and awaited the arrival of the other Millfielders.  Everyone eventually drifted in and after a few group photos Han and her fellow performers set off for back-stage and we took our seats, again in the balcony so far away we could hardly see the stage (a slight exaggeration on my part there), and settled down for things to get started.
It was at this point that we BECAME AWARE OF THE TWO OFFICIOUS ARSEHOLES patrolling the balcony. They were to be the bain of all of us there who hoped to get a few vids and pics of our beloveds performances. I understand that you can't film professional acts because of bootleg vids etc but I object to not being allowed to film my children either for this reason or because of hysterical concerns about paedophiles wanking off to children singing!!!
First up were the Orchestras and they were excellent.First the Strings, OK a little flat but that's normal with kids, then the Brass (mostly new players who only started playing this year) Excellent in fact more than excellent and finally Percussion / xylophone (no video clip unfortuneately) absolutely outstanding. They performed a medley of Micheal Jackson numbers and they were faultless; for some reason I've always liked xylophones, so maybe I'm prejudiced!

Because of the aforementioned officious prats I've only snips of video and a few snaps.

Han and the singers were the second part of the evening. Because Millfield were only "a little" involved then their kids were relegated to the chorus, on stage kids from other more involved schools played out the roles as all off the sung various songs about Robin Hood.

As usual, even if only in the chorus, Han gave it everything thing she had.Below are 3 AudioBoo's we recorded because of the contraints on filming. They are of the Xyolophones, and the Singers.


Eventually (not in a desperate for it to end sense) it was all over and we left. Deb waited inside for Han while Nat and I cleared out of the way and waited in the gardens. There we saw Josh, from scouts, leaving with his Tuba (?) who'd been part of the brass section. Nat told me that Josh had invited him to his Paintball birthday party. We all left a few minutes later and stopped briefly at Morrison's where I went in to buy a few beers. While waiting at the self scan area the black companion of the Asian lad ahead of me got into a confrontation with a security guard who he accused of following him around the shop. For a moment I feared I was about to be caught in the middle of a knifing until the Asian lad calmed his friend down.
To the car, home, BB11 and then I stayed up watching recorded programmes and five episodes of series three of Smallville which I've got on the PC. Eventually, 6:50am, to bed as everyone else is getting up for breakfast. Once again slept the sleep of the just and didn't wake until 2pm.

No comments: